The first interactive panorama, of Chillington Wharf, is now on the website.
It’s a former railway interchange basin in Wolverhampton, close to Horseley Fields Junction. You will have seen it from the BCN Main Line.
The entrance to the wharf is blocked, and the wharf is on private grounds, with no public access.
In 2016, photographer Harald Joergens created the interactive panorama. Many thanks to DBSchenker/Wolverhampton Steel Terminal for supervised access to the site!
It’s now online, with a bit more information. Chillington Wharf features also in Andy Hunters video “Lost Basins of Wolverhampton“.
More interactive panoramas should come online in the next few weeks:
- The BCN from central Birmingham down to Salford Junction
- Lapal Canal – planned route for restoration
- Bradley Locks – planned route for restoration
- Historic narrowboat Swallow
- Historic steam narrowboat President